A vacancy exists for a Merchant Acquiring Administrator within the VAS and Card division, Card Connect – Merchant Services, in Rosebank, Johannesburg.
The purpose of this role is to provide merchant service and administrative support to ensure smooth and efficient daily operations are maintained.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate and follow up with potential merchants to obtain signed agreements and relevant supporting documentation.
- Liaise with the Compliance department to obtain CIPC status and certificates.
- Vetting of agreements and supporting documentation before submission for final vetting and approval.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders during the onboarding process.
- Capture approved merchants accurately on relevant systems/platforms.
- Issue requisitions for the installation of equipment.
- Assist with any queries/requests/input required during the installation process.
- Obtain job cards for completed installations.
- Load new merchant on monthly billing.
- Ensure relevant supporting documentation is obtained, verified, and kept on record on merchant files to support the billing of charges raised against merchant accounts.
- Bill merchants timeously for installation fees, monthly rental of equipment and other relevant charges.
- Remove cancelled merchants /equipment from billing.
- Ensure billing is accurate to avoid invoicing and other related queries.
- Follow appropriate processes for new merchants onboarding and changes in ownerships and legal entities.
- Liaise with Compliance department to obtain CIPC status and certificates for verification purpose.
- Thoroughly investigate and verify all merchant related agreements, addendums, forms, requisitions, and related FICA supporting documentation to ensure they meet the relevant requirements.
- Follow the required escalation and approval processes.
- Dealing with merchant requests related to:
- Additional equipment
- Loan equipment
- Cancellation of equipment
- Change of bank details
- Cancellation of agreements
- Upliftment of equipment related to Site Revamps
- Changes in ownership / legal entity
- Provide support and input throughout the lost/stolen/damaged device process.
- Work closely with the Contact Centre and other stakeholders to provide support and input related to merchant services.
- Update relevant systems/platforms with updated / changed customer information.
- Perform tasks and provide consistent customer service in accordance with relevant policies, processes, and procedures
- Provide input to improve processes and procedures.
- Provide and improve customer service support by utilizing the call logging / ticketing system to log, respond to and manage assigned tickets.
- Deal with queries effectively and escalate where applicable.
MERCHANT RECORD KEEPING
- Maintain an effective electronic filing system for merchant files, keeping record of agreements and all relevant addendums, forms, and supporting documentation.
- Ensure all agreements and documentation is available on merchant files for auditing purposes.
- On an ongoing basis, assist with the execution of tasks related to various new and ongoing projects pertaining to merchant services.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Matric / Grade 12 qualification.
- Business / Administration related Diploma advantageous
- At least 2 years of working experience in the merchant services and administration environment.
- Experienced in working in a dynamic environment where daily interaction with numerous stakeholders is essential.
- Good knowledge of vetting procedures, FICA, and other legal requirements as it pertains to the onboarding as well as changes in legal ownership/entities and other merchant-related tasks that require legal knowledge.
- Good merchant services knowledge
- Good knowledge of FICA
- Good knowledge of legal requirements for agreements and related supporting documentation
- Good knowledge of vetting of documentation and vetting procedures
- Ability to use Microsoft products.
- Ability to use data and information to produce/report insight into business- and work-related activities.
- Ability to contribute effectively to the enhancement of processes and procedures.
- Self -motivated
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Engage effectively with all stakeholders, internal and external – verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time and deadlines effectively.
- Stay abreast of project timelines.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use initiative.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
Number of positions available