A vacancy exists for a Business Development (Card Acquiring - Terminal as a Service) within Card Connect, a division of Main Street 1723 (Pty) Ltd, in Johannesburg.
Responsibilities of the role include:
The management and development of business growth opportunities. Delivering the strategic goals of the organization and provide a premium class service to our clients.
Seek new business opportunities for TaaS (Terminal as a Service). Deliver a suite of services matching hardware, software, and related services to manage potential client’s terminal estates.
Interacting with existing and potential new clients are important, this will include Banking Partners, Corporate Retail clients, and Payment hardware providers.
The role will require a strong mix of technical knowledge and understanding regarding Payment terminals and services, sales, and customer service.
Key performance areas:
- Develop trusted partnerships and build strong relationships at senior level with key clients.
- Understand the customers roadmap and need for TaaS (payment devices, software and related services).
- Work closely with banking partners and corporate companies to build an understanding of their POS strategy.
- Maximize growth by up-selling new products and value-added services.
- Assist with negotiating contracts and pricing proposals for TaaS (payment devices, software, and related services).
- Engage with partners on RFP process to ensure that the company has a detailed understanding of products and services needed as per the request.
- Prepare and respond to RFP’s in a timely and in a professional manner.
- Manage monthly and quarterly review meetings with key customers and ensure that critical issues are being managed effectively.
- Drive activities to deliver milestones with the client, sales pitches.
- Deliver and exceed against sales targets (POS hardware, software, and related services).
- Effective management of day to day operational and administrative duties on all key customer accounts.
- Retention strategy to ensure key customer are well looked after and minimize contact cancellations.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of latest payments POS product ranges, technology, payment applications and service offering.
- Adherence to compliance and end of life timelines related to POS hardware and software.
In order to be considered for the position, the following requirements must be met:
- Matric, with Business related Degree.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Business Development for TaaS and Card Acquiring Payment solutions.
- Proven track record in related sales, courses, and diplomas beneficial.
- Driver’s License and own reliable car is essential.
- Computer literate, Outlook, MS suite of products i.e., PowerPoint, Excel.
Critical Competencies Required:
- Strong commercial drive.
- Deep understanding of payments and POS hardware & software landscape.
- Skilled negotiator with best-in-class communication skills.
- Self-starter that is results driven and takes initiative.
- Ability to manage own time and work under pressure.
- Proven track record in achievement against sales targets.
- The ability to build collaborative relationships with external clients.
- Be proactive, initiate action and be results orientated.
- Follow procedure accurately with high attention to detail.
Number of positions available