A vacancy exists for a Merchant Services Supervisor within the VAS and Card division, Card Connect, in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this role is to supervise the merchant onboarding process, to ensure effective customer service and data integrity.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all new applications are approved timeously and ensure adherence to merchant application approval policy to minimize risk.
- Ensure merchant applications are processed via Microsoft CRM Electronic Merchant Onboarding (EMO) within the agreed-up turnaround times and quality checks are applied accordingly.
- Ensure all merchant device changes are processed accurately and within SLA.
- Ensure all merchant information changes, e.g., banking details, rate changes, and business address changes are recorded accurately and timeously within SLA.
- Manage relationships with other departments to ensure new applications and merchant change requests are communicated effectively to be actioned accurately and timeously.
- Ensure effective ticket management and data management.
- Effective management of aggregator to ISO merchant conversions.
- Ensure merchant application files and supporting documents are loaded on CRM and filed accordingly.
- Ensure effective daily allocation of functions to the team.
- Ensure all merchant queries are accurately actioned and within SLA.
- Ensure management is kept up to date with all matters seeking their attention or knowledge.
- Optimization of policies, processes, and procedures to ensure effective day to day operations within the department.
- Daily monitoring of administrators to ensure functions are performed as per agreed upon KPIs and take relevant action where required.
- Ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly reporting are up to date.
- Ensure monthly performance discussions are conducted, coaching is provided, and consequence management is followed, where necessary.
- Effective leave management of the team.
In order to be considered for the position, the following requirements must be met:
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Completed Finance or Administration degree will be advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years of Card Acquiring and/or Issuing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Supervisor experience.
- Knowledge of FICA, KYC, CIPC, and OFAC.
- Understanding of Agreements and Contracts.
- Knowledge and understanding of Card scheme and banking rules and regulations.
- Understanding of Acquiring Card Payments systems.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Merchant onboarding and dealing with complex customer complaints.
- Basic financial principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of Data management and Risk management.
- Ability to conduct performance discussions and coaching.
- Computer literacy – MS Office, Word, and Excel (Intermediate)
- MasterCard MATCH system
- Credit vetting via Compuscan or another Credit Bureau
- Microsoft CRM will be advantageous
- Ability to use initiative – problem-solving ability.
- Lateral thinking abilities.
- Activity scheduling skills – work within deadlines.
- Accuracy and ownership.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Decision making.
- Time management.
- Conflict management.
- Planning & organizing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with impact.
- Customer Focused.
- Initiating Action.
- Coaching & Developing Others.
- Financial Acumen.
- Results Orientation.
- Engagement Readiness.
- Leadership Disposition.
- Ability to work with stress/change.
Number of positions available