- Kazang is expanding its Vault footprint and its Supplier Payment platform portfolio. The two elements go hand in hand as vendors deposit cash at Vault enabled (and other) Vendor Cash Deposit (VCD) points, for normal VAS wallet credit, as well as to pay trade suppliers.
- The role is specifically being established to drive the growth of the above elements in the business.
- The applicant/Account manager will form part of the Sales Department, he/she will report to the Regional Manager, and will take guidance and support from the National Project Leader whilst the role is treated as a national growth Project.
The responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:Sales:
- Comfortable in dealing with busy, informal market trade and business owners. Prior knowledge of the informal retail market an advantage.
- Learn the basics of our Vault solution and be able to sell this into the Kazang vendor environment at key Cash & Carry and other strategic merchant ‘Kazang Top Up’ points. Identifying and deploying Vault solutions at sites capable of achieving minimum vault cash deposit targets will be a critical success factor.
- Understand and drive Business to Business payments opportunities. This involves gathering customer supplier payment requirements and being able to take these requirements back to your Regional Manager and Project Leader to bed down commercial terms with these suppliers to enable them on our payment’s platform.
- Drive our International Money Transfer (IMT) product offering in the market and align Vault deposit point sites to these in local markets.
- Build long term trading networks within your broader market areas, to ensure all significant opportunities are identified and maximised.
- Continually strive to understand the needs of our informal market vendors and their customers (the consumer).
- Be willing to work on a Project driven environment. In other words, be able to work on several key elements at the same time and drive for results within the designated time frames.
- Foster a trustworthy relationship with your Project Leader that allows you to work independently whilst knowing when to seek guidance and decision-making approval. Be prepared to share good and bad news as required.
Financial and technical:
- Understand the Vault deposit and Cash in Transit businesses and its related components. This is important both to be able to sell the solution as well as support existing customers.
- Understand and show a keen interest in digital payments and growing a payment ecosystem.
- Be able to sell a hardware product with technical solution to both local and foreign informal business owners.
Strategy & Problem Solving:
- Bring a solution focussed approach to your job. Share challenges and look for solutions to these challenges. Where required, work with other departments to refine and implement these solutions to ensure the Project delivery is achieved.
- Be able to problem solve as you go. Proactively propose solutions to problems and be willing to action these. Guidance from your Regional Manager and Project Leader and other key management and colleagues from time to time is encouraged and advised.
Administration & Project control:
- Ensure administrative time allocated to fulfil all designated administrative tasks and roles.
- Ensure weekly and monthly reporting to Project Leader and Regional Manager.
- Work to key weekly reporting and management cycles with Project and Regional Sales teams.
In order to be considered for this position the following requirements need to be met:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification.
- Good basic Computer skills literacy
- Knowledge of the Value-Added Service (VAS) vending industry and its associated dynamics is preferred.
- A proven ability to work within sales & support teams.
- Creative flair, problem solving approach and good communication skills are necessary to fit the Kazang trading culture and think on your feet.
- Must be able speak a foreign language, like Ethiopian or Somalian
Number of positions available