A vacancy exists for a Regional Manager within Kazang Connect, a division of Main Street 1723 (Pty) Ltd, in KwaZulu- Natal.
The Regional Manager will manage the overall regional sales business unit, which will include everything from the business unit profits and loss accountability to the company sales representatives and line managers. You will also be managing and leading the independent sales agents. You will have to liaise with the executive team, marketing team and all office administrators
Leadership & Development:
- Leading the entire Kazang regional team to build culture and align initiatives and targets to company strategy and budget objectives
- Leading and developing immediate field sales team managers, sales representatives, and customer retention executives. The Eastern Region incorporates KZN and Free State provinces. Thus, the Free State province has a separately located Area managed team based out of Bloemfontein
- Identifying and recruiting correctly skilled and driven staff to fulfil the sales and administrative team requirements within the region. These will change from time to time to align with company growth strategy.
- Lead and foster business partnerships with independent Sales Agents as part of overall sales team.
- Work closely with Cash Connect regional team to identify and support each other with synergistic market opportunities.
- Foster a trustworthy relationship with your Sales Director that allows you to work independently whilst knowing when to seek guidance and decision-making approval. Be prepared to share good and bad news as required.
Sales & Marketing:
- Grow regional VAS revenue to meet and exceed the annual budget targets
- The above is to be achieved through both a Direct Sales and Agency channel approach
- Closely monitor sales and agency team performance through the KSIS system to ensure optimal vending device deployment
- Identify and develop geographic and trading node opportunities for sales growth. Deploy Direct and Agent resources accordingly to maximise these opportunities.
- Identify and co-ordinate deployment of drop-safe sites within the current and new growth region marketplaces to maximise cash management efficiency and sales retention.
- Ensure the Kazang brand is fostered and grown through staff and agency alignment and standards, field marketing opportunities and overall custodianship of the brand. I.e. live it yourself
- Continually monitor, both yourself and through your team, active vending device performance to ensure Average Revenue per Unit (ARPU) and device lifecycle is maximised.
- Work closely with Head Office and the Priority Customer channel to ensure accurate customer segmentation in your region to align support of the Priority customer channels.
- Ensure alignment of Direct Sales and Agent channels to avoid of each other's bases through overlapping vending device deployment. This involves close collaboration with field technician teams (as run by Operations department) and use of Customer Retention Executives (CREs)
- Ensuring regional administrative team optimise the CRE and technical resources within the region through efficient route planning and logistical co-ordination.
- Ensure administrative team control:
o Vending device stock and accurately allocate and manage sales representative and agent stock.
o Efficient collection and return of faulty vending devices to Business Support on a regular basis.
o Administrative control and monitoring of company vehicles and cellular phone assets.
- Work closely with Cash Connect team to ensure deployed drop-safes perform optimally to drive down cash collection costs thus justifying investment of asset.
- Assume responsibility for and ensure:
- Overall control of staff costs to budget Overall office, vehicle, travel, and logistics costs minimised and / or aligned to budget or specific project plans.
- Work closely with Cash Connect team to ensure deployed drop-safes perform optimally to drive down cash collection costs.
- Ensure administrative team is optimally structured and resourced to fulfil all designated administrative tasks and roles as outlined elsewhere in this document.
- Your role will be best optimised through close, trustworthy support of a strong regional administration supervisor. Your alignment with the incumbent in this position will be critical in the early stages of establishment of your role.
- Ensure weekly and monthly reporting to Sales Director and other Kazang senior management as required.
- Develop key weekly reporting and management cycles with your sales teams.
- Align customer retention reporting with Business Support and Sales to optimise results.
- Ad-hoc reporting on newly identified initiatives and development of projects as they unfold.
Desired experience and qualification
- Minimum of a matric exemption.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in business, sales or marketing is ideal.
- Computer skills training or literacy.
- Microsoft Office suite word, excel, PowerPoint. KSIS (Proprietary Kazang Sales Incentive System).
- Freshdesk or any CRM related platform.
Competencies knowledge, skills, and attributes
- Key Commercial, Leadership & Technical experience and competencies:
- Knowledge of the Value-Added Service (VAS) vending industry and its associated dynamics is preferred
- Prior commercial exposure to VAS and / or other informal and independent retail market trading or supply is preferred
- A proven ability to lead sales & support teams. Prior experience in managing teams in independent geographic locations (to head office) is a plus.
- Strong commercial savvy developed through prior experience in managing business unit cost centre and deliverables.
- Entrepreneurial flair is necessary to fit the Kazang trading culture and think on your feet.
- Sound data analytical skills. Sales performance tracking in this organisation is very data driven.
Administration & Communication
- Sound ability to lead and work within a computerised sales and administrative environment
- Sound Computer literacy: able to work independently with email word processing, spreadsheets, use the internet. This is essential to facilitate communication across the business and with outside stakeholders
- Critical administrative skills include good organisational and planning skills as well as problem-solving and time-management skills. Attention to detail, well as the ability to manage multiple demands, is a necessity.
- Sound numeric and analytical skills
- Sound communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
Work Behaviours & Attitudes
- Highly driven individual, passionate about leading teams, selling services, and delivering results beyond the call of duty.
- An ability to relate across all aspects of the South African demographic. Kazang works heavily in the informal market. This requires relating to end consumers in this sector, whilst also being able to deal with vendors, businesspeople, and suppliers in this sector.
- Strong negotiation and deal making skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, whilst being a member of a team.
- Actively seeks feedback, able to withstand criticism and use constructive criticism to improve.
- Highly professional, high personal standards, able to produce work of a high quality.
- Show initiative, think on your feet, problem solve. An ability to withstand setbacks and forge ahead.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
Number of positions available