The responsibilities of the position include:
- Preparing month end management accounts and supplementary reports
- Performing month-end balance sheet recons
- Performing monthly salary recon
- Tax calculations
- VAT calculations
- IT14SD preparation
- Ensuring processes across business functions are adhered to for financial information to be accurate and complete
- Ad-hoc merchant reconciliations
- Cashbook processing (as a backup for the bookkeeper)
- Commission calculations
- Expense tracking for BEE compliance
- Daily cashflows
- Stock recons
- Fixed asset register management
- Settlement function (training will be provided)
- Preparing settlement account recon and processing applicable journals
- Reviewing the work of other departments
- Preparing and providing reports to other departments
- Preparing month end journals
- Ensuring that all database documents are updated timeously
- Assisting the Financial Accountant where required
- Any other Ad-Hoc duties as required
To be considered for the position, the following requirements must be met:
- BCom Accounting degree.
- Completion of three-year SAICA articles advantageous.
Soft Skills Required:
- Must be proficient in Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups).
- Must be meticulous.
Number of positions available